Don’t we all just want the energy levels of children! Always running and playing and they never seem to run out of it! Fast forward to adulthood and it seems like if it weren’t for oodles of coffee we wouldn’t get through the day. But what changes? How did we get here? More importantly how do we get that natural energy back?
Here’s a list of things you can do to naturally boost your energy.
1. Get some ZZZ’s. Now a day’s only 59% of Americans get the recommended 7-9hrs of sleep per night. That’s a sharp decline from 84% back in 1942! To improve your sleep make sure to go to bed at the same time every night, sleep in a dark cool room and don’t go to bed hungry or stuffed. Don’t forget to stay off your electronics 1-2hrs before going to bed as well.
2. Exercise. Adding walking, resistance training even dancing to your daily routine can help boost your energy levels. Even just 10mins of exercise can give your cells more energy to burn and boost oxygen circulation. Choose an activity you enjoy so that you will want to do it more often.
3. Reduce Stress. I know easier said than done but stress induced emotions consume huge amounts of energy! Try deep breathing techniques, meditation, yoga or call an old friend you haven’t talked to in a while.
4. Tame your To-do List. Sometimes we just have too much to do! Try setting priorities in terms of the most important tasks and items that aren’t as important can wait.
5. Drink Water! One of the first signs of dehydration is fatigue. Try monitoring your water intake and see if maybe you are coming up a little short. Aim to drink half your bodyweight in ounces and use your urine color as an indicator of your hydration levels. The darker the color the higher the level of dehydration.
WANT TO GET HEALTHIER!
Want help learning how to increase your energy, lose weight and boost your confidence? Let’s talk! Schedule a free breakthrough consultation with me today—or pass this offer on to someone you care about!